Sunday, March 23, 2008

Have you done a rougher, tougher gig?

Over the Easter holidays I have had the pleasure of performing at one of the roughest, toughest venues I have ever been to.
On arrival I was pleasantly greeted by the shimmering surface of the car park, only to realise that was all broken glass!
I looked at the venue to notice all windows were fitted with re enforced safety cages around them!
On arrival I needed the loo, so popped into the gents and noticed that all the cubicles had had their toilet seats either stolen or broken and on closer inspection I noticed that none of them had locks on the doors!
When I went inside and to the bar I noticed that the till was protected behind a big wrought iron grill, Inviting! I thought!
However, the crowd were a little rough and ready but the show went well and as a bonus, when I left, my car was still where I left it and undamaged, that's what I call a good night!
Have you worked anywhere rougher?
P.S. Whilst there, I used the staff toilets behind the bar, they were no better and the light bulb was missing (or stolen)!

No comments: