Sunday, February 24, 2008

Mistaken identity, but who cares?

Well, after Fridays' show things could only get better and they did in a strange sort of way!
Booked through an agent for a football club night just outside Edinburgh, Gets there and it is a sell out crowd!
The organiser is so pleased to see me "AGAIN" tells me I have worked for him twice before and what great nights they have been! and how he is looking forward to this one!
I check with him and try to correct him as I am fairly sure that I have not worked for him before, but he is adamant.
Anyway, do the show and absolutely rock! Afterwards the organiser is telling me what "ANOTHER" great night he has had and he will be booking me again soon!
Then he tries to jog my memory and tell me about the last show I did for him and when I told his brother in law he was Skippy the gay kangaroo and I told him that his b**ls were on fire! He was still adamant it was me, so I thanked him said I looked forward to working for him again soon and left.
I assure anyone reading this that I have NEVER performed either of those two sketches in my life!
Just goes to show that people remember what we do more than who we are.
So forget the rest and book me instead, no one will be able to tell the difference!

No comments: