Sunday, June 03, 2007

Those who can't entertain complain!

I have just done a gig at a sports and social club on the outskirts of Leeds and I am disgusted with many of my fellow professionals that have worked there!
It was far from the greatest gig in the world, but the management are trying hard! It is a big venue and there were probably only about 60 in the audience, But I had a great night, the audience enjoyed what I did and it was a nice little show.
What did upset me was the graffiti in the dressing room dissing the venue and the crowd (it would appear mostly from bands). It was down right rude, crude and insulting.
I am a great believer that as a professional entertainer if the audience are not enjoying what you are doing then change it quick! they are the paying customers (no matter how many or how few of them there are!).
Don't blame the audience if your act is crap!

No comments: