Thursday, April 05, 2007

Copyright? or copywrong!

Hi
Well it has been an interesting week!
It started by me receiving some assertive and threatening emails from 'an American Hypnotist*' claiming that I had infringed his copyright and that I must remove the offending item or he would have me shut down and sue me for loads of cash!
Well, those of you that know me know that I like nothing more than a good rumble and that I don't like being told what to do by anyone and I am not pushed around easily.
Even at first glance it appeared obvious to me and everyone that I showed the alleged copyright statement to that it could not be copyrightable, but to make sure I had a trip to my solicitor to confirm my suspicions that he was huffing and puffing about nothing.
Plus, even if there had been anything in it, to claim any money at all he would have to prove measurable loss from him to me.
So to bring you all up to date I have informed him of my solicitors' opinion and suggested if he wants he can bring it on!
*hypnotists name withheld to protect the stupid!

No comments: