Friday, September 08, 2006

Never quite what you expect!

Hi
Recently I took a booking for a birthday party in a marquee in someones gargen for about 100 people.
Sounds good! when I arrived the door was opened by wonder woman! Ahh... fancy dress! no one had told me! I was shown to the garden to find that the marquee was actually a climbing rope from the upstairs bedroom to a pole in the garden with 4 ground sheets cable tied over it!
The DJ was setting up in the garden shed and the client wanted me to perform under the ground sheets where they were flapping in the wind!
A little negotiating later and I set up and performed under a domestic gazebo at the other end of the garden, but time was getting on now and it was getting a bit dark, so the audience illuminated my show with about 5 torches until a halogen lamp was set up. This worked fine until someone kicked the extension reel into the fish pond and we were back to torch light!
Ohh what a night!